Job Title: Certified Fitness Instructor (0.6FTE to 0.8FTE)
Employment type: Part-Time/ Hourly
Reports to: Program Manager Part-Time Certified Fitness Instructor
Non-profit organization seeking a part-time Certified Fitness Instructor for a comprehensive weight management program. Job involves providing opportunities for group physical activity in conjunction with program as well as collaboration and consultation with other health professionals. Experience working with Native Hawaiian patients and individuals with chronic disease concerns or physical limitations preferred. Must be able to work Saturdays, weekday hours available as well.
This is a patient-centered practice dedicated to the service of the Native Hawaiian community, so strong patient engagement and communication skills are critical.
1. Conduct individual fitness assessments.
2. Instruct groups or individuals in exercise activities.
3. Conduct group fitness classes using a variety of approaches
4. Observe participants and inform them of corrective measures necessary to improve their skills.
5. Design and direct workout programs that are tailored to participant needs and goals.
6. Teach and demonstrate the use of gym equipment.
7. Observe participants in exercising and correct any improper techniques.
8. Work collaboratively with an team of health professionals
9. Maintain equipment.
10. Administer first-aid if necessary.
11. Performs other duties as assigned
Salary and Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Please e-mail your resume and a cover letter detailing your experience with the subject: Certified Fitness Instructor position to email@example.com